Prostate Cancer Mini-Symposium Set for September 30th
With our 2015 Microbiology Virtual Event being over and users having the option to watch the webcasts for the event, we’re now shifting our focus towards the many webinars coming up as well as our next big virtual event which will be covering the topic of Cancer Research & Oncology. If you haven’t done so already, head on over to the Cancer Research & Oncology Virtual Event page and sign up/register to save yourself a spot.
As part of the event, on the first day (September 30th, 2015), we’ll be hosting a mini-symposium focused on different areas of Prostate Cancer. The areas will include (but aren’t limited to) the following:
- Prostate MRI
- Active surveillance and focal therapy
- Molecular markers in prostate cancer
- What’s new in robotics and minimally invasive therapy for prostate cancer and prostate disease
- Biomarker-guided therapy
- Innovative prostate cancer therapeutics
The speakers who’ll be part of the Prostate Cancer Mini-Symposium and the topics they are presenting include the following:
- Judd W. Moul, MD, FACS (6:00am – 7:00am PDT) Keynote: What’s New and in the News with Prostate Cancer 2015
- Lawrence Karsh MD FACS (7:30am – 8:30am PDT) How do I choose? Androgen Biosynthesis Inhibitor, Androgen Receptor Antagonist, or both for treatment of mCRPC?
- Eric Klein, MD (9:00am – 10:00am PDT) Inventing Active Surveillance version 2.0
- Rajan Gupta, MD; Thomas Polascik, MD; Stacy Loeb, MD (10:30am – 11:30am PDT) The Evolving Role of Image-Guided Prostate Cancer Targeting and Ablation: Moving Towards Personalized Medicine
- David Albala, MD; Herbert Lepor, MD (12:00pm – 1:00pm PDT) Keynote: What’s New in Robotics and minimally invasive therapy for prostate cancer and prostate disease
For those of you who are interested in attending the prostate cancer mini-symposium, you’ll be able to attend starting at 6:00am Pacific Time on September 30th. Feel free to check out the event agenda to see the various speakers, topics and abstracts.